Harmonizing and improving sales management and leadership culture and performance
The mission of KONE is to improve the flow of urban life. As a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, KONE provides elevators, escalators and automatic building doors, as well as solutions for maintenance and modernization, which add value to the life cycle of any building. Through more effective People Flow®, the company make people’s journeys safe, convenient and reliable, in taller, smarter buildings. Together with the partners and customers of KONE around the world, the company help cities to become better places to live in. In 2018, KONE had annual net sales of EUR 9.1 billion and at the end of the year over 57,000 employees.
The objectives of the Sales Management Booster program
Harmonize and develop the sales management culture of KONE corporation
- Management working principles
- Learn & share from best practices
- Utilization of processes, tools & systems
Improve sales management performance in order to increase sales performance and sales results
- Audit and development of sales funnel and sales activities
- Sales leadership and coaching
- Communication skills
Develop customer relations
- Improve customer loyalty and customer acquisition with sales organization
The Booster program is built on a blended learning principle including digital learning phases, class-room trainings, sales audits, implementation assignments and coaching sessions. The 6-8 months program has been rolled out in 24 countries worldwide both with local front line groups and international training groups. The first program was launched in 2009 and the program continues in 2020. The Booster program is built in two phases.
After the first phase the participants:
- Recognize the key elements of sales management and sales performance.
- Assess sales team’s funnel and sales team’s performance.
- Prioritize the most important sales management tasks and the tasks of the sales force.
- Clarify the segmentation model and opportunities to develop the direction of sales performance of the team.
- Discover funnel management best practices and key issues.
- Communicate the most important change ideas.
- Develop the team’s “Core Promise” when selling value to the customers.
After the second phase the participants:
- Develop their communication style and recognize different kind of communication styles.
- Understand the content of coaching and how to coach sales people.
- Improve the sales meeting techniques and develop further the sales meeting principles.
- Develop the understanding of the importance of listening skills as part of communication.
- Manage important joint sales visits.
- Recognize different sales leadership styles and use them according to the needs of leadership.
- Steer pricing as a key part of the competence of the sales people.
- Develop competencies according to different selling profiles.
“The Sales Management Booster program has created a uniform and efficient sales management culture for the KONE corporation. The impact on competence quality has influenced overall sales process efficiency, forecasting accuracy and sales target accomplishment in the different sales organizations”.